Kitchen Design Surveyor & Estimator wanted in London.
KBB Recruitment are pleased to be working with a well-established kitchen company that manufacture quality kitchens from their main office in Gloucestershire. They have been running for over 25 years and is one of the leading companies of its kind.
To provide first class customer service by accurately designing and quoting a safe and practical kitchen, using CAD, which complies with:
- Client Specification
- Contractor’s fitting requirements
- Decent Homes Standard
- Tenant’s requirements
- EU Health & Safety Regulations
Objectives / Responsibilities:
- Discuss the design and possible options with the tenant to ensure the best balance of meeting the above objectives
- Obtain tenant colour choices as required under the terms of the contract
- Gain authorisation from clients / contractors for any deviations from the specification
- Give the tenant a 3d tour of the new kitchen
- Gain tenant’s approval of the design, including their signature of approval
- Provide a printed 3D image for the tenant to keep
- Provide a signed detailed plan to Contractor / Client as required
Quotation / After Survey
- Produce a valid estimate / quotation for each design survey completed each day.
- Upload all necessary information to Visibility, including a Cad plan and signed survey sheet by 8.00am on the morning after the survey.
- Ensure that the PK format is followed accurately and concisely
Provision of Information
- Represent the company in a professional courteous manner, always wearing appropriate PPE and identification.
- Provide the first point of contact for clients, contractors, and tenants
- Respond to all queries within a timely manner
- Assist the effective running of each contract by addressing issues as and when they occur
- Ensure the client is informed of our business processes, encouraging maximum productivity
- Understand and take responsibility of Health and Safety in your daily roles
- Carry out daily tasks within Health and Safety guidelines and procedures set out.
- Identify and report any Health and Safety issues to your line manager.
- Ensure accurate knowledge of Premiere’s products and codes, processes, and lead times etc.
- Have a solid understanding of fitting requirements, if necessary, liaise with individual clients / contractors to ensure differences are accounted for
- Achieve scheme visibility with respect to surveys completed, surveys outstanding, and resourcing requirements
- Regularly update Contract Planners to ensure the schedule of works are successfully achieved
New Build Additional Duties
- Breaking down architect plans
- Site checks and revisions
- Supporting the tendering process when required to
- Contact the client at least a week prior to surveying to achieve the following: -
- contact details
- meeting arrangements
- special instructions, for example PPE
- Upload all survey information including visits that did not result in a survey
- To utilise and maintain all the provided company equipment as agreed in the company handbook
- Consider all aspects of the role, identifying potential improvements and communicating them to the Demand Service Manager
- Engage fully with all Group Standards including ISO18001, 14001 & 9001.
- Drive improvements within all Group Standards.
- Develop and nurture staff ensuring they understand Group Standards and fully embrace them
- Support for wider business areas as required,
- Provide support to teammates when required by producing quotations / estimates.
- Any other duties as may reasonably require commensurate with the level of the role
- Working Mon- Fri No Weekends
- Company car or car allowance
- Fuel card
- Great pension
- 28 days holiday